Tuesday, September 7, 2010

John Hopkins finds new lead that may bring us closer to a cure.

Or at least an official diagnosis...

I didn't see this article until TeeGee posted it on his Facebook I gotta say I have been out of the loop, my job has been keeping me real busy.

Many years of research finally yielded some info that might help doctors find sarcoidosis and diagnose it quicker. That's great news because as you know this disease often gets confused with others. They were able to ID a protein that might be responsible for triggering sarcoidosis. So far they know there is a link between this protein and sarcoidosis so one can say they will put them in the right direction. This took 6 years folks! It makes me feel good though, like someone "is on it".

Here is the article's link


A CENTURY-OLD PUZZLE COMES TOGETHER: SCIENTISTS ID POTENTIAL PROTEIN TRIGGER IN LUNG DISEASE SARCOIDOSIS


Great find TG thanks!

No comments:

Sarcoidosis United

Sarcoidosis United
Sarcoidosis United