Monday, April 16, 2012

Autoimmune Walk for a Cure



I just received a pamphlet in the mail on the annual Autoimmune Walk for a Cure. There is one in NYC for those of us in the metro area. I'm wondering if anyone is interested putting together a team to walk this thing and raise money for this cause.

Although I no longer suffer from sarcoidosis I am forever linked to autoimmune diseases where ever I happen to look.

Let's start with my brother, he has suffered from ulcerative colitis almost his whole life. I have a cousin who suffers from chrons disease. My mother-in-law (RIP) suffered from chrons. My brother-in-law (RIP) also suffered from chrons and who know how many others I may not know about.

I believe this organization is the key because it's every disease united. That means more money for research. This is one of those find a cure for one you may have them for all. Even if science can find a way to control inflammation long term without shutting down your immune system and taking steroids then at least millions of people can live a little better.

Let me know if you live in the tri state area and are interested in walking and raising money for this worthy cause

/http://www.autoimmunewalk.org/

http://www.facebook.com/AutoimmuneWalk

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is one οf the most imρortant infоrmatіοn foг mе.
Аnd і аm satisfieԁ reaԁіng yоuг
аrticle. Howeѵer wanna obserνation on
some noгmal things, Тhe websitе style іѕ perfect,
the аrtіclеs iѕ tгuly niсе : D.
Јust гіght job, cheеrs
Have a look at my homepage : thyroid symptoms in Women

DRojo said...

Thanks for the comments. Would you care to revise your link, it doesn't seem to be working.

Sarcoidosis United

Sarcoidosis United
Sarcoidosis United