Thursday, February 26, 2009

Prednisone free (for now)

OK the latest, My lymph nodes on my face shrank down so my face no longer looks like I'm storing nuts for the winter. I lost 8lbs thanks to last's weeks barfOthon. I went in today for my check up, and on Xray my lungs are really clear besides some scarring. And my breathing tests came back good. I'm currently on 5 mgs of prednisone and for the first time Dr. T just told me to quit. No going to 2.5 and then 1 mgs. Just no more. Last time I stopped I had to ween down to 1 mgs and I was declared in remission. This time we'll see. I'll stop the preds and see how long The sarc will stay away. What's weird is that this happened quick just last week I notice my lymph nodes were gone.

Now I got the hernia thing to take care of but I'm thankful it's just that I thought something else was wrong with me.

I don't want to say I'm in remission yet but the fact that my x rays looked so good compared to 6 months ago make me feel good about the whole thing.

1 comment:

Cold-Hollow said...

I really hope you are in remission forever! Yeah!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, and wishing you well. I'll keep an eye on your progress, keep us informed.
Be well, Steve

Sarcoidosis United

Sarcoidosis United
Sarcoidosis United