Monday, February 2, 2009

Over doing it,


I know I'm not in the best of shape and sometimes I don't know how far I can take my body before it extracts revenge on me, BUT I try anyways. I love the outdoors and for the last two years I either felt I couldn't do anything or just didn't feel good enough to go out. This year I either feel better or am not scared anymore. Whatever the case is I over did it last Sunday when I hiked several miles in the snow in a north Jersey forest. I came home overly exhausted and had a tight chest (couldn't breath for several hours). In fact I couldn't even sleep from the breathing. For the next couple of days I was just spent. Sometimes it's worth it and sometimes it's not. All in All I consider myself lucky to even get out at all.  The picture above is a paddle in the icy Passaic river I went on a couple of weeks ago. It's what cabin fever does to you I guess.

No comments:

Sarcoidosis United

Sarcoidosis United
Sarcoidosis United