Thursday, October 2, 2008

Book Review: Karen Duffy's "Model Patient"

Model Patient , My Life As an Incurable Wise-Ass

Karen Duffy suffers from Neuro Sarcoidosis, it involves her brain and central nervous system. She tells her life's story and she does it while laughing at herself and in the face of this disease. She is upbeat has a great attitude and a great sense of humor. I really liked this book because it made me realize that we can't be serious all the time it's just not good for us. She really is an inspiration because she is juggling from job to job, while dealing with this disease which I have to say, her condition was beyond what I could have ever imagined. In other words I got it good compared to her. Even if you don't have SARC I recommend this book because the book is not all about SARC. It's about putting yourself in a position that no matter what you won't feel sorry for yourself and at the same time be able to accept help from other's.

Great book I hope she writes more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent Book. Gave me some much needed strength.

Sarcoidosis United

Sarcoidosis United
Sarcoidosis United