Thursday, October 2, 2008

Why Blog about sarcoidosis

This blog can be used as a platform for ranting, crying, laughing at yourself or me for that matter. Pretty much whatever you want. If you have sarcoidosis or knows someone maybe even is a caretaker your welcomed to read, comment and share on this blog. Most of my friends and associates know about my disease but since "I don't look sick" it goes unnoticed and yet it's a big part of your life. It's like a tree is growing out of your head and only you can see it. Sometimes I actually feel like a tree but it goes unnoticed. In some ways it's good because I get less questions and people at work wont assume I can't get something done. However it's downside is that no one really knows what you go through but another sarcko. So this is why this blog is called sarcoidosis United. One thing for sure is that there is no feeling sorry for yourself here. I'm not exactly proud of my disease and believe me I wish I weren't sick but this has certainly changed me in ways I wouldn't even have imagined. I don't take as many things for granted like I used to. I don't sweat the small stuff as much as I used to. Ok if my wife reads this she'll call me out, but no, for real. So far I feel really lucky what can I say. Well I can say I like hanging out with other sarcko's because you folks know how I feel.

No comments:

Sarcoidosis United

Sarcoidosis United
Sarcoidosis United